Photography & Digital Manipulation - Final Project

Final Project 

For the final project we were required to build a futuristic city be it dystopia or utopia from scratch. I chose to build I suppose a dystopia and a utopia where the world was destroyed due to a radioactive explosion and some cities had to live onto of large animals that were mutated by the radioactive explosion. 

This are a couple of references below : 


I had the idea of making it the animals represent different elements. Initially my storyline was that the two turtles were fighting fo resources but it was very tough so I had to change the storyline to match the image which is that the two turtles were guarding the city behind it. 

Below is the process of how I achieved my end result. 































For the animation, I knew what I had wanted to do, So I just decided to make each of the separate elements move, i.e the birds, the two turtles, the sky, the whales and the fish as well as they were all living creatures. I did this using After Effects and here is the end result: 


REFLECTION

Throughout this process, I remember Mr. Jeff telling us to start thinking like designers and acting like one from now on itself. It is not that only once we finish this programme will we be designers, it starts from now itself. So, from this class all the way till our careers we ought to act like designers. Hence, our entire process starting from sketches and our moodboard, should all be influenced as how a real designer ought to do. 

Another lesson that I learnt is to apply the Design Principles that I learnt for my other classes into each and every module. I should learn to integrate everything into one wholesome package as opposed to separate ones. Only then, will each and every one one of my product be according to standards. 

Comments

Popular Posts