Photography & Digital Manipulation - Project 2

Project 2

For our second project, we had to combine to images into one, to create a surreal effect. Below are some of the examples given. 


I could find ideas for this project easily as we had done a similar exercise to this in our Fondation course so I came up with two ideas. Below are my sketches for these ideas. 

  1. The first image was a bag that morphed into a snake  symbolising how the bag was made which is using snake skin. 
  2. The second image was was based on my personal experiences of how the things that I usually kept ion my table would suddenly disappear once Ive left and returned. The idea that I came up with is that the t=desk lamp that I had was actually a UFO spaceship. 

Upon receiving feedback from my lecturers, the chosen one was the UFO spaceship. Below is the process of how I made it in Photoshop : 






Once I had finished it, I received feedback that the image looked bit plain, and that there needed to be more things like something in the background as opposed to juts a black space. And I wanted it to be a bedroom and began hunting for suitable images until I stumbled upon one. I finally got one but there were several markings that had been done. So I used the Clone Stamp Tool to cover up the spots that had markings on it. 

Below are the process photos : 


















For the animation process : 
Mr. Jeff and Mr. Martin suggested to make the pen float up and also ket the lights flicker around the spaceship. It was a little tough for me as I was relatively new to After Effects so I resorted to using Photoshop and made a gif.



REFLECTION

One major lesson that  I learned from this is that there is always a way out as how Mr. Jefrey said. As opposed to completely changing my idea and moving onto a new one, I decided to persevere and try the Clone stamp tool and get the perfect image as opposed to just changing and changing.


I also learnt not to compare myself with others as I have my now p=journey and race that I have to learn from. Sometimes I may get demotivated looking at other students’ progress but the right way to handle it would be to learn how they did it and follow the footsteps as opposed to just being immediately defeated.  

Comments

Popular Posts